Chiquita makes a banana bread mix that you only have to add 2 bananas, an egg and 1/3 cup of water to. It’s fairly simple to make and only takes around 45 minutes to bake. The end result is a moist, delicious bread that tastes like you made it from scratch! You can find it in the produce section of the grocery store.
If you want to make your own banana bread from scratch, here is a recipe I found online:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed fully ripe bananas
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE’S Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add bananas, sour cream and eggs; mix well. Add combined dry ingredients; mix just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely before slicing to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.